Need help?

Case formIf you are a UNISON member, there are a number of ways you can get help and support. But remember you must be up to date with UNISON subscriptions at the correct rate. In most cases, you need to be in membership for four weeks to qualify for representation and we usually can’t represent you on things that arose before you joined.  So if you are not a member, don’t leave things too late, click here to join now.

Click here for important information if you are required to register with bodies like the SSSC. Do not respond to the registering body until you have read this.

Need help at work?
Your first point of contact is your local elected steward or your departmental convener. You can get their details here. Stewards need to be trained and accredited before they can represent you and they need to periodically update their accreditation with further training. Health & Safety reps are fully trained and have a workforce-wide responsibility. You can also contact the UNISON branch office on 0131 558 7488 or by clicking here to email.

You can also contact UNISON Direct on 0800 0857 857. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. Our helpline is open Monday – Friday 6am – midnight. Saturday 10am-4pm. Closed on Sunday.

Accessing our Welfare service – There for you.
UNISON City of Edinburgh Branch is one of the very few branches that has its own Welfare Fund (a registered charity) which supplements UNISON UK Welfare ‘There For You’ when helping members who have a particular need. Click here for more details and how to contact the Welfare officers.

Legal assistance at work – and for your family
UNISON provides quality legal services for employment-related and non-work issues at no extra cost to members and their family. In fact, UNISON provides the broadest range of legal help to union members in the UK. Click here for details and conditions.

Access to learning
UNISON provides courses for members and activists (Click here for details on the UNISON Scotland site) and financial support for some further and higher education (details on the UNISON UK site).