There is a Better Way…
Speak up for your services Stop privatisation. Myths about the ‘crisis’.
Five reasons to defend public services
- The council says that this will save them money yet there is no solid evidence, just wishful thinking. Many privatisation projects have failed to deliver any savings.
- Staff are constantly working to improve in-house services. Council workers recently won a government award for saving money.
- Private companies make their profits by cutting quality, cutting the service and cutting the wages of the staff who deliver that service.
- The council report recommending the privatisation was a stitch up. It used completely different types of councils to Edinburgh as comparisons. Several of the shortlisted companies have been fined for “illegal bid rigging”.
- The tragedy of the trams.